April 27, 2009

How I review

I started this blog for my own amusement. I don't solicit free copies and I don't get paid for my reviews. Unless stated otherwise, I purchase all the books and DVDs I review for this blog. While I do my best to provide honest commentary on why I like or dislike a story, my comments are strictly my opinion. I try to identify specifics (such as originality, plot and character development, quality of performances and writing) whenever possible.
Grade A: Love it. Highly recommend it. A definite keeper.

Grade B:
Like it. Would recommend it. Probably a keeper.

Grade C:
An average read. Might recommend it, but probably as a library read. Likely headed to the used bookstore (if a book or DVD).

Grade D:
Didn't like it. Wouldn't recommend it. Headed to the used bookstore.

Grade F:
Finished it but wished I hadn't. A waste of time and money. Definitely headed to the used bookstore if it doesn't end up in the trash.

DNF:
Not rated because I did not finish. It could be it wasn't my kind of thing or might be so bad I just couldn't finish it.
Opinions are by nature subjective and any number of outside factors affect mine, including but not limited to the weather, my mood, Daylights Savings, or the quality and amount of caffeine and/or wine I've had recently. I do not moderate comments on this blog. If you don't agree with my opinion, feel free to let me know. Yours is just as valid as mine.

No comments: